This is an exciting new opportunity for a FREE 3-week Drylining Construction training course which includes the CSCS card and test.
Course dates: Monday 3rd February – Friday 21st February 2020
Course times: 08:30am - 16:30pm
Location: Barking & Dagenham College, Romford
To apply you need to be unemployed or not currently be working in construction. Minimum age is 17.
TfL in collaboration with Barking and Dagenham College will be delivering the course which will give candidates the opportunity to train and have access to construction employment opportunities across the TfL supply chain network and borough partners.
Some information of what a career in Drylining involves can be found here
This 3-week Drylining training course will include:
At least 50% of learner time should be delivered on a construction site.
By the end of the training, we would expect candidates to:
• Achieve a level 1 H&S award
• Achieve a CSCS card
• Be able to effectively communicate
• Understand PPE
• Have a knowledge of the physical activities that working on site may require
• Understand the importance of punctuality and turning up daily
• Know the importance of Environmental Health & Safety and protecting the environment they are working in
• Have an understanding of site protocol and the varying chains of command.
• Be able to demonstrate an awareness of hazards
• Understand how to correctly use a variety of basic tools
• Act respectively to other people on site and in your team
Successful candidates will be invited to come along to the Assessment Day on Friday 31st January 2020 at the Tunnelling and Underground Construction Academy (TUCA) in Ilford where you get to meet the course providers and find out more about the course which starts the following week.
Your invitation, exact location and start time at the Assessment Day will be emailed to you once you have submitted the application form.
Closing date: Thursday 30th January 2020 at 12:00 noon